What are some things I need to know or do while I take tramadol?
Tramadol is a man-made painkiller with narcotic-like properties. It works effectively on the brain and controls the feelings and stops the sensation of pain. The medicine needs to be taken precisely with care and precaution. Although the drug is claimed to be safe for people to use but being a drug it has some negatives effects too. Apparently, these negative aspects can be prevented from attacking the body by understanding how to use Tramadol properly. There are certain things that should be kept in mind before taking the medicine. The important points are enlisted below:
- Tramadol 100mg can be taken with or without food, at any time. However, it should be taken at regular intervals and fixed time which means that if you eat your first pill in the morning at 8 am then the first pill of the next day should also be taken at the same time.
- The medicine should be taken after crushing, breaking, or should not be chewed. It is formulated to be swallowed as a whole. Consuming it otherwise can cause a serious drug dose introduction in your body which may prove fatal.
- Tramadol can your stomach feel sick. You can consult your doctor and he may advise you to take antiemetic with Tramadol or ultram or oltram to counteract the sickness. However, mild stomach sickness can go away in some time without the doctor's involvement.
- If you want to stay away from the nauseatic feeling, you should take Tramadol with food and begin the course with lower doses.
- The drug can make you sleepy and reduce the alertness of your mind, therefore, do not drive or operate machinery right after Tramadol's consumption.
- Do not take Tramadol if you are trying to get pregnant, are pregnant, or breastfeeding. The drug can pass into the fetus through the placenta and to an infant via breast milk and cause withdrawal effects in him.
- Any unusual behavior or problem in the body should be duly noted and checked by the doctor within the quickest possible minute.